Condom snorting challenge creates more chaos

Condom snorting challenge
Share this article

Recently, teens around the globe are doing what they call the condom snorting challenge. It isn’t something entirely new, but it has become a “thing” again. Not only is this entirely a gross out, but it is something that can put people in a real dangerous situation. By doing this, teenagers are blocking their airway to breathing properly.

Associate professor Bruce Y. Lee, from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health said: “The condom could easily get stuck in your nose or your throat, blocking your breathing or causing you to choke. It can cause an allergic reaction, or result in an infection.”

There are a number of videos online, showing teenagers attempting or actually doing this. An unwrapped condom, is placed up one nostril and then inhaled until it comes out of their mouth.

This trend is a real concern for parents everywhere. Today’s youth are misguided, lost, selfish and equally self-centered.

Other idiotic viral challenges in recent times, include people ingesting small laundry detergent packages and sniffing up cinnamon.

Condom snorting challenge

Stephen Enriquez from San Antonio, teaches drug and alcohol prevention to parents. He mentioned during a KABB-TV report, that parents need to learn more about these online trends such as the condom snorting challenge, it is a problem and is important.

“These days our teens are doing everything for likes, views, and subscribers,” Enriquez told the station. “As graphic as it is, we have to show parents because teens are going online looking for challenges and recreating them.”

More than likely, more trends like these will be coming and with them more injuries also leading to the loss of lives. Back in 2012, there were more than 50,000 YouTube videos showing youth swallowing a tablespoon of dry cinnamon without any water. These tweens and teens would spew out orange dust as part of the “cinnamon challenge.”

Towards the end of last year, teenagers were poisoning themselves by biting or eating Tide Pods. Known as “The Tide Pod Challenge” these stunts have led to young people poisoning themselves and ending up in the hospital. There have been an estimated 142 incidents since January of this year alone.

It is wishful thinking, to hope that this nonsense stops entirely.

(Source: USA Today and New York Daily News)


Share this article

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


×